Tuesday, 4 June 2013

Vivid Sydney - A Festival of Lights and my Second Last Night in Sydney

Last night I had the pleasure of heading to Vivid Sydney with my lovely friend Hannah of Nellie and Oliver. For those of you that don't know, Vivid is an annual light festival that transforms Darling Harbour and Circular Quay in Sydney into a luminescent wonderland. Interactive lighting installations, projections and music set the scene for thousands of people that visit the display in Sydney each year.

Hoping to avoid the crowds, Hannah and I decided to check out the Festival on a Monday night, in fact my second last night in Sydney before I return to my home town and my parents house in Newcastle (partially why I have been so quiet of late). It was a great night out.


We had dinner at a Moroccan Restaurant by the water in Darling Harbour, just near the Marine Museum. It was called Kazbah and their chicken tagine with carrot cous cous was delicious. We were surrounding by tables filled with people smoking Shishas, something that I have never tried but the smell was nice I guess.

Here are some shots from our journey around. We also saw a water/light show in Darling Harbour but it was difficult to get photos due to the crowds.

Customs House


There were a few kids dancing in front of Customs House, boy did they have some moves!


The Opera House. This was my favourite display of a lady dancing. This might have been because the display was synchonised with Empire Of The Sun's latest single 'Alive'. Love that song.










My first ever picture of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. After all these years I haven't done the tourist thing and taken a shot. Unfortunately I only had my iPhone on me for the photo.


Trees lit up along our walk.

4 comments:

  1. HAVE AN AMAZING TIME LOVELY!
    Vivid was so amazing, this was the first time I've been and it hasn't been raining! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW! I love the pictures of the lights on the opera house! it's amazing what they can do :-D
    You must be leaving soon on your trip? Have you started packing?

    ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.
    http://shoe-fiend.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to Vivid as well this year and really enjoyed it! Good thing you went on a Monday night, it was crazy on Saturday - so packed!

    xx Bo
    http://aboutboblog.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete